Saturday 24 March 2012

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

It's been nearly 4 months since my op and the good news is that yesterday I was signed off by David Harrison. 

He's happy, I'm happier, everybody's happy. Result!

The X Rays look great and the disc has been embraced by my spine like a long lost friend you don't want to lose touch with again.

I can't tell you how uplifted I feel...well ok I can...I'm VERY uplifted!!

The sun is shining brightly today, it's 20 degrees, Spurs grabbed a point in the London derby and my back feels GREAT! Happy, happy Days.

David said that he'll see me again in November to chat about all the amazing things I'll have done during the summer!!

The bad news to end this post is the tragedy that happened this week. I am of course talking about Nick Boeree's death. I met Nick a few months ago and I was actually originally scheduled to have my op done by him, but I decided to use David as he was much closer to home. It's unbelievably sad and such a loss. You feel so indebted to your surgeon when you go through a procedure like ADR and I know there must be so many patients of Nick's who are feeling just stunned this week.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children and to everyone who owe their recovery to this talented man.







RIP Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment